Friday, March 30, 2007

Friendships - treasures

It's been a while since I last blogged. Have been rather busy with assignments and co-curricular activities : )

Time really flies. It's the end of March and only 9 more months left before my graduation. I'm beginning to miss life being a student already. Gosh... I know it sounds a little crazy and emotional but I can't seem to find the explanation to this strange feeling of mine. Could it be because I am already aware of my decisions to return to Singapore to work that's making me sad? Most probably. I am afraid of losing the friendships due to the distance between us. Well, even though "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", absence can also make the distance grow further!! One thing's for sure, I'll miss the friendships that were built over these 3 years... and I'll cherish and treasure them very much.

Last night, 14 of us celebrated Sally and Desmond's birthday at SkyBar, 33rd Floor of Traders Hotel, KL. (the photo in this blog) The view was mesmerising and both the Twin Tower and KL Tower was just right in front of our eyes. The sky was so clear that we could see Genting Highlands from our seats. Can you imagine how marvellous that was! My friend commented that she cannot imagine such a fascinating place exists in KL... which I truly agree. It's like living in a dream... high up in the sky, looking out and down to such breathtaking scenery... life is beautiful, ain't it? Beautiful, stunning, breathtaking, magnificent, amazing, astonishing... that's SkyBar!!

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever"

My first visit to SkyBar was an invitation to a friend's surprise birthday party back in January. I was really impressed and amazed by its beauty. I really wanted to share this beautiful place with my loved ones and that's why i suggested to my classmates to have our celebration there. I wanted to give them all a big surprise... and it really did. They were charmed and mesmerised too!! And lots of picture taking till the memory is full (wow, it rhymes :p) I am so glad :d Sharing is truly happiness :d

"It is in giving that we receive"

My student life is truly enriched this semester because I was avidly supporting my friends in competitions organised by UTAR.

Firstly, it was a 3-on-3 Streetball Challenge at Balakong. Jessie and I were loyal supporters of YangChenLin, Joe Yee's team. They made it to the quarter finals :d They played well. And their sportsmanship made an impression on me. They were sporting ; )
Good sportsmanship beautifies their characters :d

The outcome of this event - fun, friendship, photos & a souvenir (XL t-shirt - now with YCL's signatures for remembrance :d - thanks to Chee Wei for giving me the souvenir :d)

Next comes the Basketball Competition. Last week, Jessie and I were supporting Joe Yee's team (Scotpine) at the competition. They made it to the quarter finals too. Great games guys! :d
During the semi-final & final matches , we were passionately supporting Sa Rang Hey Yo (Chee Wei's team). Both matches were excellent and we were shouting and cheering our hearts out!!! And yes, they won the championship. Well Done!

Outcome of this event - fun, more friendship, photos, memories :d

And the most recent event - yesterday afternoon - Scrabble Competition. Jon was the champion yet again :d Congratulations once again Jon, and WELL DONE! He was really good - competent, confident, sharp & serious in his games. Truly impressed as I stood and watch :d Even the lecturers complimented him. So proud of you pal! Keep it up!! :d

Not forgetting Esther, my lady champion. It's her first time joining the competition and she's won all the way to the finals. Congrats my friend and keep it up too :d You're good ; )

Interesting student life? Yeah... and I have 9 more months to enjoy it to the fullest... and I must!

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose" ; )

2 comments:

JooJon said...

Arigato, Seou Mei!

Thanks for supporting me that day..! :D

RayC said...

the pixies are beautiful! reminds me of Lunar Bar in the vicinity as well...